Saturday, February 6, 2010

Locks of Love

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Rebekah and I both had our hair cut in order to donate to Locks of Love. Rebekah had never had her hair cut and as long as she could talk said she "NEVER! Wanted her hair cut." Well, with A LOT of persuading, she did it. She wasn't very happy at first, but thought it was very funny when we went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for a friend right after getting our hair cut and I couldn't find her (even though we were the only people in the store besides employees and she was 2 steps in front of me.) We laughed about that and then she fooled her brother and daddy at McDonald's that night! It was a nice way to cushion the blow. I was excited about her cutting it, but once she did I have to say I was sad that I had her do it. She looks SO much older now! :( They grow too fast and if I'd know that was going to make her "older" I would have waited longer. Anyway, it's already happened and I'm coping. A little girl will be happy to have some hair one day because of her. (They will be getting 3 pony tails each 10" long from us!) Such a worthy cause and hey...it will grow back. right?! ;)

1 comment:

Reba Weaver said...

How sweet that you let Rebekah do that. Those little girls will be so excited. When youmhave time will you post a picture of Rebekah with her new do? I'm sure I will cry They are growing up way too fast for me.
LOVE YOU!!!